Android app training soars in popularity in India
Chennai: Sulekha.com, India’s leading platform for ‘local service need fulfilment, today shared the results of a study undertaken on online search trends for “Computer training” courses in India.
This study analyzed of 2,737,349 user needs on Sulekha.com’s from Tier 1 (New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune and Ahmedabad) and Tier 2 (Thrissur, Agra, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Kochin, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Jalandhar) cities, in the last one year (September 2013 – September 2014); and the database of over 20,000 Computer training service listings.
Key interesting findings of the study:
- The growth in search for computer training courses increased from 20% in previous year (2012-13) to 40% in (2013-14).
- Owing to the growing Smartphone market in India, there is 171% increase in online search for Android Application Development training.
- Engineering related computer courses like Auto CAD training saw an increase of 116% in 2014 as compared to 2013.
- 70% of the users who are looking for computer training are from Tier I cities and 30% are from Tier II cities.
- People in the South look for more traditional courses such as Java, J2EE training and .net while students in the North seek courses such as Android Application Training and Web Designing.
- Users who search for various computer training courses in South India saw an overall growth of 64% whereas North India saw a growth of 44%.
- The most searched for courses across India are: Android Application Development Training, Java & J2EE Training, CCNA Certification Training, SAP ERP Training, Web Designing Training, AutoCAD Training, C++ Training, .Net Training, Embedded Systems Training, and CAD & CAM Training
- Among the above, Android Application Development Training, Java and J2EE training are the most popular courses. Bangalore leads the search volume for these courses followed by Hyderabad and the least volume comes from Kolkata. Search volume in Bangalore was 43% in 2013 and it has taken a leap to 60% in 2014.
Satya Prabhakar, Founder & CEO, Sulekha.com, said, “Sulekha’s focus on fulfilling its customers needs for local services – we have matched users to right businesses about 16 million times just in the last 12 months – gives us valuable insight into user need trends. Since we seek to understand the user needs in details and match them better to the right businesses, we are able we have a ringside view of the local service need zeitgeist. We see some remarkable trends for computer training…it is increasingly seen as a ticket to rising income. With the imminent accelerated growth in mobility and connectivity, we expect an explosive demand for newer training programs such as Android application training.”